It’s not a secret if you scroll through my Instagram feed, but I’m on a definite Chick-Fil-A kick this summer. Since we have been traveling so much this summer, I have been eating there much more frequently (we don’t have one around us), and my love for it has continued to grow. But, my egg allergy keeps me somewhat limited on what I can order and enjoy. Some things I really love from there are their Chick-Fil-A sauce and their original chicken sandwiches which both contain egg. So what’s a Chick-Fil-A loving girl supposed to do besides find our ways to make it at home, sans her allergy?
The idea for this salad started when we were in between trips last week, and I was trying to use up some random odds and ends in the house. I had in my fridge some staple ingredients like romaine and tomatoes, plus some Panko Chicken from Costco in the freezer. I also had some left over sauce from when I made the grilled nuggets. That’s when I thought I should do a salad and use the sauce as a dressing. Also left over from the grilled nuggets was a jar of pickles, and I thought that could be good on a salad, since a Chick-Fil-A original sandwich usually comes with pickles.
Well, the pickles in the salad weren’t just good, they were a huge hit. Both my husband and I looked at each other and said, “Pickles in a salad is delicious!” I’m sorry if you aren’t a pickle fan, but if you are, I highly suggest it. It really does taste like their chicken sandwich, sans the bun! An extra bonus is how simple it is to put together (just look at the small ingredient list!), and the macros at 11F/33C/23P per serving. As always, you can completely customize this recipe to fit whatever macros you may have left to fill. Also, if you have an air fryer, I highly HIGHLY recommend using it to cook the panko crusted chicken. It was much better than in the oven, and I’m still dreaming of that crispy, crunchy chicken!
Skinny Chick- Fil-A Sauce
- 120 g light sour cream (If you would like your sauce to be thicker, more like the original, start with 80 g. Then add more, as desired) (1/2 cup)
- 33 g Stubb's Barbecue Sauce (2 tablespoons)
- 15 g regular prepared mustard (1 tablespoon)
- 10 g Dijon Mustard (2 teaspoons)
- 10 g lemon juice (2 teaspoons)
- 42 g honey (2 tablespoons)
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Stir until completely combined. Store in the refrigerator until use.
Chick-Fil-A Sandwich Salad
- 4 oz Tyson Panko Crusted Chicken Breast Tenderloins, diced (prepared according to package instructions, or in the air fryer)
- 125 g romaine lettuce, chopped
- 50 g tomatoes, diced
- 50 g dill pickle spears, diced
- 30 g Skinny Chick-Fil-A sauce E
- Lay romaine lettuce on a plate. Evenly spread out diced tomatoes, diced pickled, and diced chicken. Drizzle with the Skinny Chick-Fil-A sauce. Eat, and enjoy! Really, those are all the instructions! Ha!