This post contains an affiliate link. If you purchase from the link below, I receive a small commission.
Some days it’s nice to have a meal in your back pocket that you know will make you hit your protein, no problem. Well if you’re looking for one, this is it! With 43 grams of protein per serving (see details below!), that leaves plenty of room to enjoy some extra fats and carbs for your macro cap!
This recipe is inspired by a little Mediterranean restaurant in town. We don’t go out to eat very often, but if we do, we love to eat at this place. They have yummy hummus and other healthy eats, but I am absolutely obsessed with their garlic dip. Mine isn’t quite as delicious as theirs, but I love the garlicky flavor the Greek yogurt takes on.This garlic dip has two purposes. You’ll create a batch in just a few minutes and then you’ll divide the dip in half. You’ll use the first half for marinating the chicken breasts in, and the second half you’ll use for pouring over your pita for extra garlic flavor.
You’ll also make a super simple Greek Salad made from just cut up cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, a can of chickpeas, and fat free Italian dressing. It is so light and refreshing and gives a fresh element to the dish! This salad is also awesome as a side dish to any other recipe, so feel free to use it whenever you need a light salad that isn’t lettuce based.
To assemble this meal, you’ll start with Joseph’s Pita Bread, which has great macros at just 2f/8c/6p, 60 calories per pita. Then you’ll stuff it with the grilled garlicky chicken, add a scoop of Greek Salad, and, to top it off, you’ll add a sprinkle of feta cheese. It really is such a refreshing meal, and one you’ll walk away from feeling satisfied.
Garlicky Greek Yogurt Chicken and Greek Salad Pitas
Garlicky Yogurt Dip and Marinade
- 170 g Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or one lemon)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregeno
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (274 g)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into small chunks (438 g)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (290 g)
- 1/2 red onion, diced into small pieces (92 g)
- Fat Free Italian Dressing, to taste (60 g)
- 2 chicken breasts
- Joseph's Pitas
- feta cheese
Garlicky Yogurt Dip and Marinade
- Combine all ingredients until thoroughly combined in a small mixing bowl. Taste and add extra pepper and garlic salt, if desired.
- Take one half of the yogurt mixture and save it in an airtight container. This will be the dip for serving on top of your pitas. Before serving, give it a good stir and add milk or chicken stock, if desired, to thin it out more.
- Place the other half of the marinade in a resealable bag along with the chicken breasts. Allow them to marinate for at least 4 hours before cooking, longer if desired.
- Combine chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in fat free dressing to taste, and give everything a good stir. Taste and see if it needs more dressing. I also like to add garlic salt to it to give it some more flavor.
Preparation and Assembly
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked through over medium high heat. Once cooked through, allow them to rest for a few minutes and then slice them.
- On top of your pita, place chicken, greek salad, garlicky yogurt dip, and feta, as desired. Serve and enjoy!