This post has been sponsored by California Lavash. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this blog possible!
We used to be kind of Papa Murphy’s junkies. HA! We have one right down the street from us, and I frequently made my husband stop there on his way home from work on busy nights! I love that I can bake the pizza in my own home and it comes out so fresh and delicious. One of our family favorites was the Chicken, Bacon, & Artichoke Pizza they have on their menu. But, ever since I found out about my egg allergy, I can’t enjoy it because the sauce contains eggs.
So I set out to try my hand at making a copycat recipe, and, while I was at it, I decided to make it fit more easily into my macros. I love pizza, and sometimes a full-fledged piece is worth it. But I often find, if I’m making it at home, I would prefer to have more macros to spend on other yummy things. The perfect way to make this delicious combo lighter is using California Lavash minis!
A lot of you know that I first found out about the California Lavash minis by finding them at my local Costco. Ever since I tried them, I was hooked! I loved that they had great macros at just 50 calories per mini flatbread (0F/8C/4p), and for any of you who are counting net carbs, just 5 g of net carbs. They are vegan, non-GMO, have no artificial preservatives, and are made with REAL ingredients that you can pronounce. They’re also made by a family-owned bakery that uses age-old baking methods to create this soft and thin bread. Best of all they taste GREAT! I have used them to make paninis, wraps, and pinwheels, and they all turn out delicious!
If you haven’t been lucky enough to spot them at your local Costco (select Costcos are carrying the minis in their refrigerated section, not the bread shelves), you can search their website to find a store near you that carries their product. Another important note, if you aren’t going to eat them right away (or if you bought 4 packages at a time so you always have a supply on hand, like me), the best way to keep them fresh is in the freezer. They easily thaw out on the counter in a few minutes, and they lose none of their flavor or texture.
But now, back to pizza! This pizza recipe couldn’t be any simpler, thanks to using the California Lavash minis as the crust. Then you’ll use a homemade white pizza sauce for the moisture (or you can use a jar of bottle alfredo sauce, if you wish), layer on cooked chicken, mozzarella cheese, crisp bacon, marinated artichoke hearts, and spinach. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-10 minutes (mine was closer to 10, but you know your oven best!). Slice, and enjoy an easy and satisfying meal! Does it really get any better than that? Oh yeah, it does, because you’ll only be spending 9f/11c/26p per pizza, and with macros like that, you better believe I had TWO.
Chicken, Bacon, & Artichoke Pizza
White Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- California Lavash Minis
- Cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese
- White Pizza Sauce (or jarred alfredo, if preferred. This may change the macro count)
- Fresh Spinach, chopped
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Cooked and crumbled turkey bacon (or regular bacon, if desired. May change macro count)
White Pizza Sauce
- Follow instructions found at the link below from All recipes. The amounts of ingredients are adjusted, but the recipe instructions are the same.
Chicken, Bacon, and Artichoke Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degreees.
- On a baking sheet, set out desired amount of California Lavash Minis in a single layer. If you desire to make more than fits on a baking sheet, either bake the pizzas in two batches, or use a convection oven for baking two sheet pans at a time.
- On each mini lavash, evenly spread 20g of white pizza sauce. Then evenly layer on 20g of mozzarella cheese, 1.5 ounces of chicken, half of a slice of turkey bacon, 14g of marinated artichoke hearts, and chopped spinach.
- Bake pizzas for 6-10 minutes, depending on the oven and crispness desired. Start checking the pizzas after 6 minutes and then every minute until desired crispness is achieved.
- Slice and enjoy!