This is a staple meal for us. I love to have the ingredients on hand for anytime that I need a quick dinner or for when we have a busy night. I’ve been making it for years from the Taste of Home website, but adapted it to be more macro friendly and cook all day in the crock-pot.
The prep work requires chopping an onion, opening up a few cans, and throwing some ingredients into a crock pot. You can even throw in your chicken breasts frozen! Then, the slow cooker works all day to create a yummy, homey chili that has incredible macros. At 2f/29c/29p for 1/8 of the recipe, you can enjoy a big serving and still add shredded cheese, sour cream, crushed chips, etc. to make it even more delicious! This makes a pretty big batch of chili, so it would also be great to have leftovers for lunch. Like almost all soups or chili, the flavor just gets better over night!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
White Chicken Chili
- 3 Chicken Breast (can be frozen still) (My chicken weighed 833 g)
- 1 onion, diced (200 g)
- 3 15.5 oz cans White Chili Beans (1235g- drain them if using great northern white beans. If using seasoned chili beans, there is no need to drain)
- 1 4 oz can Diced Green Chile (105 g)
- 3 tsp Chicken Stock Granules + 3 cups of water (or 3 cups of chicken stock)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (we do 1/2 tsp to keep it from being too spicy for the kids. Choose how much you would like depending on your spice preference)
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onion
- Hot Sauce or Salsa
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker on high for about 4 hours (or until chicken easily shreds) or low for 8 hours. When the chicken is easily shredded, pull out the chicken breasts onto a separate plate or cutting board and shred them with two forks. Return chicken back into the crock pot and give everything a good stir to make sure the ingredients are evenly distributed. Scoop into bowls, top with desired toppings, and enjoy!