I always have room for dessert, especially when it is this gooey! Check out this Deep Dish Cookie Pie from Chocolate Covered Katie. I’m telling you, it’s insanely delicious, gooey, and chocolaty. One bite, and you’ll be convinced it’s just a completely normal pizookie.
But when you look at the recipe, you’ll see it’s made with garbanzo beans instead of flour. Now, you might be skeptical, and I was, too. But you really can’t taste the beans at all. If anything, the texture is different from a traditional cookie pie (softer, less dense), but I promise you won’t care about the texture, especially when it’s topped with ice cream. My husband and kids both approve and say they would have no idea it was made with beans unless I told them. Macros for 1/16 of this pie are 8f/34c/4p, 210 calories!
Deep Dish Cookie Pie
- 2 cans white beans or garbanzos, drained and rinsed (500g total, once drained)
- 1 cup quick oats or certified-gf quick oats
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons oil (or 1/4 cup nut butter)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Find the instructions on Chocolate Covered Katie's website or the link here.