The idea for this recipe started last week when I prepped my second batch of Pork Mississippi Roast this month. I was already dreaming of using it in a crunch wrap the next day. However, I have truly grown to love having my air fryer lavash chips every day, and I wasn’t sure I wanted to part with them. That’s when it hit me. The solution to all of my problems was to make nachos with the Mississippi Roast!
This recipe comes together pretty quickly since the protein is already prepped ahead of time. While the lavash bread gets crisped to perfection in the air fryer (or see notes for how to use the oven), you’ll use a broiler to heat the leftover pork roast and get it crispy and warm. For the leftover pork, make sure you give the pork a good stir before hand to help distribute the juices a bit more evenly for the most accurate weighing. My leftover pork didn’t have a ton of excess juices in the bottom after refrigerating, so stirring it helped it get some more moisture, too!
After those simple prep steps, you’ll layer your lavash chips with the pork meat and some queso blanco. Now, you can use fresh cheese if you’d like. We first tried using mozzarella, and that tasted great! However, it didn’t have the sauciness that I associate with nachos, so the next time around we chose to use store bought queso blanco. You can choose your preference, but keep in mind if you choose mozzarella, the sauciness might not be there.
From there, you’ll add whatever toppings your heart desires. We went with extra pepperoncinis for heat, chopped tomatoes, pickled red onions, some chopped basil, and non fat greek yogurt.
This is a protein packed meal if I ever saw one! Macros for a BIG plate of nachos are 9F/28C/39P, 370 calories. Of course, they can be adjusted to make room for whatever macros you have to fill. And trust me, you’re going to want to use a fork for these babies.
Pork Mississippi Nachos
- 100 g Mississippi Roast (make sure you stir the pork and the juices until evenly combined first. This makes for the most accurate logging!)
- 1 Joseph's Lavash Wrap (56 g)
- cooking spray
- 62 g store bought queso blanco (or mozzarella/other cheese of your choice)
- 30 g deli sliced pepperoncinis
- 30 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 15 g pickled red onions
- 30 g Non Fat Greek Yogurt
For the chips
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Slice the lavash wrap into chip sized pieces. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Air fry them at 400 for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Watch carefully because they can burn quickly! I'd check on them every 30 seconds or so and give them a good shake..Oven preparation: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay prepared "chips" in a baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
For the Nachos
- Turn your oven onto the broiler setting on high.
- Begin by mixing the pork meat well, so any juices at the bottom of the container get mixed equally into the shredde pork.
- Place the 100 g of pork in an oven safe dish. Spread it out fairly well.
- Place in the broiler until the pork is warm and a bit crispy, about 3 minutes or so. Watch carefully, as the broiler can burn things quickly.
- On a large plate, arrange chips in a single layer. Spread pork over the nachos and then the queso blanco. Top with pepperoncinis, tomatoes, greek yogurt, basil, and pickled red onions. Enjoy a big ol' plate of nachos!