I think if there is one food I wouldn’t be able to give up, it would be Greek Yogurt. Man, I love this stuff! It has great macro nutrients and is an affordable way to get a good dose of protein in. I also love that Greek Yogurt is so versatile, and you can use it in sweet or savory recipes. I eat it every day, and I always look forward to it! Also, did you know we buy our Greek Yogurt at Costco? We buy the plain version from there, and it is so affordable compared to the stuff I could buy in my local grocery store. If you need further proof of my love for Kirkland Greek Yogurt, we go through 4 containers a week.
This past week I decided I needed a little switch up, so I thought I would go with the flavors of an American classic— apple pie. I love all those warm gooey apples perfectly spiced with cinnamon, and it’s even better when it’s topped with a scoop of melty vanilla ice cream. Add in some flaky crust and you’re pretty much guaranteed a delicious bite.
This yogurt bowl starts with non fat Greek Yogurt that is sweetened with sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding mix. I love using this in my Greek Yogurt because it allows me to control how sweet it is. If you prefer your yogurt to be sweeter, you could easily add more and add just a few more carbs onto your total. Then, it gets topped with diced apples that have been dusted with cinnamon and zapped in the microwave to become softer and warm. I love the combo of the warm apples with the cold Greek Yogurt. I also threw in a few caramel bites into the microwave with the apples, to give a few bites of chewy caramel. Finally, it gets topped off with a drizzle of caramel syrup, and your apple pie dreams are fulfilled!
Now, I’m not saying this tastes as good as an apple pie. Of course not! But, I would argue it’s a great substitute for a craving, especially when you consider the macros. The macros for one bowl are rounded to 1F/28C/18P, or 189 calories. You’d be lucky if you could get a sliver of apple pie for those calories, and you wouldn’t even come close to that protein count.
Caramel Apple Pie Greek Yogurt Bowl
- 170 g Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 5 g Sugar Free/Fat Free Vanilla Pudding Mix, dry (or more, to taste)
- 50 g apple, diced
- cinnamon, to taste
- 7 g Caramel Bits
- 7 g Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- granola, cereal, other item for crunch (optional)
- Combine 170 g of Non Fat Greek Yogurt with 5 g of sugar free/fat free pudding mix. Mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place diced apples and caramel bits in a small microwaveable bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon, as desired. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour apple and caramel bit mixture over the Greek Yogurt. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Top with a crunchy element, if desired. Eat and enjoy!