This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item from the link below, I receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
Like most people, I love a good deal! And Amazon Prime Day is kind of like Black Friday in July. They have great deals on all kinds of things, so I thought it would be fun to do a round up of some items that might interest my fellow macro counters! Some of them I have, some of them I have my eye on, but I have heard all people rave about these products and gadgets!
- Instant Pot– I have had my eye on this for a while! One of the things that catches my eye about the instant pot is its ability to cook frozen meat in a fraction of the time of a slow cooker. I also got to experiment with it this year, and we used the steam feature to make tamales with my aunt. We also used it to make some of the best refried beans I’ve ever tasted! There are a variety of sizes that you can purchase, and it seems like they are already on sale! You can purchase the 6 quart for $55.99, which is 50% off. Through this link you can also purchase a bigger or smaller Instant Pot, if you think that would fit your needs better. Just select a different size!
- Air Fryer– I see so many people use and love this. In fact, every one I know who has one says that they can’t live without it! It uses air to cook your food and give it that crispy crunch a fryer adds without all the calories added from oil. I’ve seen people use it for frying up french fries, cooking chicken breast, making homemade tortilla chips, making crunch wraps, etc. It seems so versatile to me, and I have no doubt that I would use it frequently! Right now you can purchase it for $99, which is over 20% off.
- Food Processor– I currently only have a magic bullet that I use to help me blend up my shakes, dessert hummus, and batters. It works okay, but I have been thinking for a while about investing in a legitimate food processor. I have especially been thinking so since I’ve been seeing this delicious looking protein fluff circulating around on my Instagram feed. I tried to make it with my blender, but it was an epic fail! This is probably the first thing I’ll purchase on this list. I have linked above the 3 cup version (currently $26.99), which I think is probably as big as I need, and it is not a huge investment. If you think you may need a bigger one, you can purchase an 8 cup one here or an 11 cup one here.
- FitBit Versa– I use this and LOVE it. This watch helps keep me accountable by tracking how many steps I’m taking in a day (I always aim for 10,000), but I also love it for so many more reasons. Although it is not always an accurate measurement, I find it interesting to see how much sleep I’ve been getting throughout the week, an approximate value of how many calories I’m burning (please don’t think it is fool proof. It’s not!), and how my activity stacks up from week to week. Probably my favorite feature, though, is that I get my texts and notifications on my watch. This keeps me from checking my phone all the time, and it helps me know when I need to respond to something or just continue on with my day. It is currently on sale for 15% off, or $169. This fitbit Alta is also on sale for $79.99, which is 38% off.
- Veggie Spiralizer– Although I don’t use this gadget very often, I love having it. I use it to spiralize zucchini noodles for pasta, and I have also used it to make sweet potato fries. It is pretty simple to use, easy to clean, and doesn’t take up too much space to store. Also, I like cooking my own zucchini noodles 100% more than I do heating up frozen ones. Way less cost, and the noodles have a better texture! Not to mention, the pre-cut zucchini costs more.
- Echo Dot– I do not personally have the Echo Dot, but I do have a Google Home (they are pretty much the same product, just one is made by Amazon and one by Google). I absolutely love having it in my kitchen. I use it as a timer for cooking, I ask it to help me convert measurements into grams, I have it save reminders for me, I check the weather, and I have it play music while I’m cooking. I think one advantage to having an Echo Dot vs a Google Home would be you can order or reorder items from your Amazon account without having to log onto your phone. So if you’re searching through you cabinets and see you need more PB2, you can just tell Alexa to order it instead of trying to remember later. Trust me, it’s a bummer when you run out! It is currently on sale for just $22, over 50% off.