These have been a family favorite for years! It all started back in college when one of my roommates made it for our group dinner. We all loved it, and I made it for my then boyfriend. We joke he loved it so much that he made me his wife! That was about 12 years ago, and I have been making it for him ever since. Our kids love it too!
But, the original recipe is loaded with fat (full fat sour cream, lots of cheese) and carbs from the tortillas, and over the years I have made it a variety of ways to make it lighter. This version is the lightest I have made, but still is so delicious and hits the spot for creamy comfort food. With macros rounded to 9f/18c/31p for two enchiladas, this is a meal you can throw into your regular dinner rotation and still hit your goals! We love to top ours with light sour cream, cilantro, green onions, and more hot sauce or salsa (not included in the macros).
Creamy Verde Enchiladas
- 2 cans Cream of chicken soup, healthy request (10.5 oz)
- 1 Cup Non fat Greek Yogurt (221 g)
- 1 Jar Salsa verde (we like medium heat) 16 oz
- 16 oz Shredded chicken
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- 4 Joseph’s Lavash Wraps, with each wrap cut into four rectangles
- 5 Oz Shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix shredded chicken with one tablespoon of taco seasoning until evenly distributed.
- Make creamy verde sauce by combining 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, jar of salsa verde salsa, and 1 cup of Greek yogurt until thoroughly mixed. Scoop out 1/2 cup of sauce and spread it evenly on the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- Assemble the enchiladas. Take one lavash rectangle (there should be 16 total) and place 1 oz of chicken on the end of the wrap. On top of the chicken, place a tablespoon of creamy verde sauce. Then roll into an enchilada. Place seam side down in the 9x13 pan. Continue with remaining wraps to make 16 enchiladas. See picture for how I arranged the enchiladas to fit into a 9x13 pan.
- Pour remaining creamy verde sauce over the top of the enchiladas evenly. Then, top with 5 oz of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream, additional Greek yogurt, cilantro, green onions, hot sauce, or additional salsa, if desired!